Aspen Alpine Guides is a professional guide service, that has provided quality mountain guiding adventures year-round in Aspen Colorado since 1987. AAG is fully licensed and insured and operates under a USFS Priority Permit.
Our adventures include guided summer and winter trips including hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, snow-shoeing, cross country ski instruction and tours, backcountry skiing, out of bounds lift assisted skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hut trips on the 10th Mountain Hut System, and High Altitude Training for runners and Cyclists. We specialize in creating custom backcountry adventures for individuals and groups of all abilities and sizes.
This SeasonAspen Alpine Guides offers guided alpine activities for spring, summer, winter and fall. Click on the left tabs for our full Winter or Summer descriptions. We also offer a series of international trekking and climbing trips, as well as American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) courses.
In addition to general AAG programs we are happy to have several cross-over ski instructors who are able to teach through the Ski and Snowboard Schools of Aspen / Snowmass. These instructors have medical certifications as well as avalanche training and are available for both kids and adults. Lessons take place on-mountain, in the side country, in the backcountry or a combination that results in Lift-Served Side-Country skiing or boarding.
New For Winter
Aspen Alpine Legacy Ski Tour
10th Mountain Division Hut Association and Aspen Alpine Guides are offering the 2015 Legacy Ski Tour from January 22nd to 25th. The Legacy is unique in that it is a multi-hut tour that covers remote wilderness terrain seldom used by individuals or groups. The tour is designed to celebrate the history of a few of the founding members of the association. The tour starts in Aspen with overnight stays starting at the Benedict Huts, continuing to the McNamara Hut and participants will close out the tour with a stay at Margy’s Hut leading to a final day ski descent into the very small town of Lenado with a short drive back to Aspen with AAG.
Leave the Boys Behind: Ladies only hut tripsLadies: mark your calendars! Leave the Boys Behind, an outdoor initiative created by women for women is offering two hut trips this winter. Join an inspiring group of gals on a weekend at McNamara Hut (February 9-11) and Shrine Mountain Hut (March 11-13). Check out the LBB website for more info!
Curious about skiing in the backcountry? Nab a spot in one of AAG's American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) Level I courses and get the basics to put you on the right skin track. Courses start in January. See our Avalanche Education page for more and registration.
AAG guides retain several of the following certifications, are active members in professional organizations, and maintain active training schedules. Our guides instruct and train year-round with a curriculum of AIARE Avalanche Courses as well as Winter and Summer Mountaineering Skills Courses.
Guiding Principles: Aspen Alpine Guides
- We at Aspen Alpine Guides strive to provide a model for an individual-focused guide service that continues to maintain safety, leadership and passion for the outdoors.
- Our commitment to providing outstanding guides ensures that our guides are able to work towards their goals and create memorable experiences.
- We are committed to being a resource to the community by sharing our passion for teaching and education.
- We foster a mutual respect and appreciation for environmental stewardship and healthy lifestyles.
- We continue to commit to our guests’ goals by guiding with integrity, authenticity and passion. Above all, we value the relationships we have built with our guests and each other.
Note: This document was created in the Spring of 2013 in a collaborative process by the guides from Aspen Alpine Guides.
- Wilderness First Responder: WFR
- Emergency Medical Tech: EMT
- Outdoor Emergency Care: OEC
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: CPR
Certifications and Memberships
- American Avalanche Association: AAA
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education: AIARE
- American Mountain Guide Association: AMGA
- Desert Mountain Medicine: DMM
- International Federation of Mountain Guides Association: IFMGA
- Leave No Trace: LNT
- Mountain Rescue Aspen: MRA
- National Outdoor Leadership School: NOLS
- Professional Ski Instructors of America: PSIA
SummitClimb and SummitTrek http://www.Summitclimb.com