Aspen Alpine Guides is a professional guide service, that has provided quality mountain guiding adventures year-round in Aspen Colorado since 1987. AAG is fully licensed and insured and operates under a USFS Priority Permit.
Our adventures include guided summer and winter trips including hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, snow-shoeing, cross country ski instruction and tours, backcountry skiing, out of bounds lift assisted skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hut trips on the 10th Mountain Hut System, and High Altitude Training for runners and Cyclists. We specialize in creating custom backcountry adventures for individuals and groups of all abilities and sizes.
This SeasonAspen Alpine Guides offers guided alpine activities for spring, summer, winter and fall. Click on the left tabs for our full Winter or Summer descriptions. We also offer a series of international trekking and climbing trips, as well as American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) courses.
In addition to general AAG programs we are happy to have several cross-over ski instructors who are able to teach through the Ski and Snowboard Schools of Aspen / Snowmass. These instructors have medical certifications as well as avalanche training and are available for both kids and adults. Lessons take place on-mountain, in the side country, in the backcountry or a combination that results in Lift-Served Side-Country skiing or boarding.
New For Summer
Leave the Boys BehindLeave the Boys Behind is a new, female-specific, initiative offered by Aspen Alpine Guides. The initiative is designed with the intention of creating an all-female experience in and around the pristine wilderness and rugged mountains surrounding Aspen, Colorado. This summer, join us on a ladies-only hike, climb, trail run, mountain bike ride or hut trip! More at leavetheboysbehind.com
Whole JourneysWhat could be better than a day spent exploring the high country around Aspen? A day spent exploring and an evening spent tasting the finest local foods and beverages in the Aspen area. Whole Foods has joined forces with AAG to offer Whole Journeys, a 3-day hiking and 4-afternoon tasting tour. Join us in June or September. More info at Whole Journeys.
Hut Run HutLooking for the ultimate high country experience? Hut Run Hut is a 100 mile, six-day trail run from Aspen to Vail. The trip, set to take place August 12th-17th, will be led by fun, knowledgeable guides and includes overnight stays in 10th Mountain Division Huts, delicious meals and all the camaraderie you need to stay motivated. More at hutrunhut.com.
AAG guides retain several of the following certifications, are active members in professional organizations, and maintain active training schedules. Our guides instruct and train year-round with a curriculum of AIARE Avalanche Courses as well as Winter and Summer Mountaineering Skills Courses.
Guiding Principals: Aspen Alpine Guides
- We at Aspen Alpine Guides strive to provide a model for an individual-focused guide service that continues to maintain safety, leadership and passion for the outdoors.
- Our commitment to providing outstanding guides ensures that our guides are able to work towards their goals and create memorable experiences.
- We are committed to being a resource to the community by sharing our passion for teaching and education.
- We foster a mutual respect and appreciation for environmental stewardship and healthy lifestyles.
- We continue to commit to our guests’ goals by guiding with integrity, authenticity and passion. Above all, we value the relationships we have built with our guests and each other.
Note: This document was created in the Spring of 2013 in a collaborative process by the guides from Aspen Alpine Guides.
- Wilderness First Responder: WFR
- Emergency Medical Tech: EMT
- Outdoor Emergency Care: OEC
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: CPR
Certifications and Memberships
- American Avalanche Association: AAA
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education: AIARE
- American Mountain Guide Association: AMGA
- Desert Mountain Medicine: DMM
- International Federation of Mountain Guides Association: IFMGA
- Leave No Trace: LNT
- Mountain Rescue Aspen: MRA
- National Outdoor Leadership School: NOLS
- Professional Ski Instructors of America: PSIA
SummitClimb and SummitTrek http://www.Summitclimb.com